Sunday, February 26, 2012

Breakfast Mex

Over the weekend, I made tacos for me, my wife, and two teenagers. I made a lot of fixings, sure that the two youngsters would devour them. I was wrong. It seems that one of those handheld computer whatyamathingies was more interesting than eating. I have always stated that this computer jazz is nothing but a fad...and time will bear me out...but now I realize that it is also a device of the fashion industry, insuring that our children remain size zeros so they can fit in those pencil thin clothes they try to hock off. Refusing to to give in, I ate six tacos, with extra sour cream. But I still had zip-loc bags full of leftovers. What to do?

I put a taco twist on a household favorite...breakfast mess...and came up with Breakfast Mex. It's very simple...very good...and will guarantee that you don't become a size zero fashion zombie.

Dice up a couple of potatoes, and deep fry them in oil. Remove, once they become as crispy as you like, and set aside.

Dice a large onion, and heat in a little oil until they begin to become translucent. Add the crispy potatoes, some diced tomatoes, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. When this heats through, add some grated cheddar cheese, or some of that pre-mixed Mexican cheese stuff. Stir in, and add a few eggs. Now, mix it up. Give the eggs time to set; but, do not expect anything to get any crispier. There is too much juice from the tomatoes for that.

If you want to get fancy, place some of the mess on a warn tortilla wrap, and garnish with a whole jalapeno.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments: