Tuesday, January 10, 2012

CERAMIC KNIVES

There are two things in my kitchen that have saved my sanity over the last couple of years...my knives, and my cutting boards. Okay...there is the liquor cabinet; but, that is best left secret.

There is just something about the rhythmic chop, chop, chopping that is music to my ears; not to mention my stomach. These knives are of various sizes, depending on the job at hand. My favorite is a medium sized knife that I use when cutting meat, potatoes, carrots...things of that nature. One of the things that I have noticed, though, is that I have developed pain in the index knuckle of my right hand. it seems that age is beginning to creep in on me, and decided to gift me with arthritis.

I am pleased to say that I have found some relief. Thanks to my Kyocera ceramic knife, I am able to tackle these jobs with less pain. It is lighter than my metal knives and keeps that sharp edge longer. It does not rust, in case I do not get to washing and drying it immediately. I have to be sure to use proper hand form when cutting, because it can do some damage if i am careless.

I would like to endorse these wonderful kitchen tools. If you like to cook from scratch, you would be doing yourself a favor by purchasing at least one.

Now, if could only find a painless way of opening my gin bottles, i would have it made.


Photobucket

No comments: